I went to the local clinic and as soon as they saw me approach they rushed me as they see me as a walking $ aka insurance claim, started taking my temperature, pulse, etc... It was like "whoa, steady on".
Luckily it's just some sort of bacterial stomach infection. There's nothing like trying to describe your symptoms to a doctor that doesn't speak English whilst using a translator as our inbetweener, whilst doubled over in agony. Who knows I just might have Japanese encepilitis (kidding!) So today I spent my day attached to an intravenous drip of saline solution and antibotics. Personally I think it was a tad over the top but my friends convinced me otherwise. (perhaps they were just sick and tired of hearing me moan about being ill). Just the idea of being ill in a developing world clinic is my idea of hell (not to mention my innate fear of needles. There was a lot of freaking out on my side as they repeatedly tried to insert the needle into me) "relax", they kept saying. "you relax and leave me alone", was my reply. And yes I know my mum will read this and freak out BUT thankfully I'm not alone and my friends were there to help check for clean sterile needles. Why me?!? Ai yaaa!!
I am still ill but am now taking some lovely blue pills. I have no idea what they are as the packaging is all in Chinese and am currently holed up and bent over double in our guesthouse as everyone else goes out to eat food... Oh food! How I miss you!! So here I am blogging away.
Attached to the drip and not in a good mood!
No comments:
Post a Comment