First part of our trip involved an hour long elephant trek. Vicki and I got separated and I got put with the Aussies and she with the Austrians.
Have you ever seen an elephant go crazy? Well all of a sudden Vicki and the 2 Austrian girls' elephant started running off with the three of them clinging on for dear life. We could hear them all screaming. Then the screaming stopped. Then the screaming resumed again, then stopped!
When we got back to camp I could see that the 3 of them were missing, but no one seemed at all worried. So I went up to one of the guides and asked,
Me: erm, where is my friend'?
Guide: Which friend?
Me: Um, the girl who was on the rampaging elephant
Guide: Oh, right, bad accident, all taken to hospital.
Me: What!! Which hospital, what happened?
Guide: Elephant got scared. All girls got thrown off elephant. Very serious. Broken leg.
Me: (panicking) Oh my BUDDAH!!
Guide: So you hungry? Time for lunch.
So I got the guy to make a phone call and I got to speak to Vicki. Basically the elephant went crazy and poor Vicki had to jump off the elephant and the two Austrian girls got thrown off the thing. One of the Austrians sprained their leg really badly and all 3 were rushed off to hospital. Thankfully there were no broken limbs and everyone is okay. Supposedly the last time this happened was over 5 years ago so luckily this is not a regular occurance.
The trek carried on minus 3 girls but it was lovely to hike through jungles, swim in waterfalls, white water and bamboo raft down the river.
The girls on the elephant moments before it went on the rampage..look at how happy they are
No comments:
Post a Comment